Armed Forces Day is a chance to show your support for the men and women who make up the Armed Forces community: from currently serving troops to Service families, Veterans and cadets.
There are many ways for people, communities and organisations across the county to show their support and here are just a few:
- Northampton Borough Council has created a virtual programme of events to mark Armed Forces Day. A full timetable of events can be found on the Mayor’s Facebook page and on Northampton Borough Council’s website https://www.northampton.gov.uk
- Host a virtual celebration with friends and family via video chat – from virtual BBQs or picnics with friends online or even an Armed Forces themed quiz! Remember to share your photos by using #ArmedForcesDay on your posts.
- #SaluteOurForces is a simple way for anyone to pay tribute to the Armed Forces community for their hard work, dedication and efforts to and keep us safe in the UK and across the globe. To join in, simply send Armed Forces Day UK a photo or video of yourself or your friends and colleagues saluting!
You can submit your images in several ways:
- Tweet @ArmedForcesDay using #SaluteOurForces
- Comment on one of the Armed Forces Day UK Facebook posts
- Or email Armed Forces Day UK at email@example.com
- Wear your uniform to 'work' for Reserves Day on Wednesday 24 June. Reserves Day is an opportunity to recognise and thank Reservists and their employers for their contribution to UK Defence. Wherever your workplace is at the moment, encourage your Reservists to wear their uniform to 'work' on Reserves Day and share photos in uniform online. Use the hashtag #SaluteOurForces in your social media posts.
- If you know someone in the Armed Forces community whether they’re currently serving or a Veteran, you could send them a message or give them a call to show your support for the work they do.
- Join SSAFA for a virtual Armed Forces Week quiz on Thursday 25 June at 16:30. SSAFA's excellent team of volunteers and staff have been working harder than ever during the Covid-19 crisis to continue providing support to the Armed Forces community. Now is your opportunity to give back to SSAFA by taking part in the virtual Armed Forces Week quiz!
Get your team of colleagues, family or friends (virtually) together and test your knowledge of the Armed Forces and much more. Click here to sign up https://www.ssafa.org.uk/support-us/our-national-campaigns/armed-forces-week-corporate-page/the-virtual-armed-forces-week-quiz