There are currently two Clinical Commissioning Groups in Northamptonshire – NHS Nene CCG and NHS Corby CCG – planning and paying for NHS services for people living in different parts of the county.
The organisations have always worked together, and this has progressed significantly in the past 12 months. We now have a shared committee structure, shared staffing, and one senior team headed up by a single Joint Chief Executive Officer, Toby Sanders.
Building on this collaboration, both CCGs’ Governing Bodies have now agreed to take the next step and explore the possibility of moving towards forming a single Northamptonshire CCG from April 2020. Known as transition, this will involve disestablishing the existing CCGs to create one new one.
Many other parts of the country are going through a similar process. In going down this path locally, we’re following national NHS policy to achieve some real benefits:
- Supporting the people of Northamptonshire to access the best health and care services
- Enabling us to deliver operational efficiencies that can support improvement sin patient care.
You can see a presentation about the transition here.
As with all our work, we’re keen to hear your views. In partnership with Healthwatch, we’re holding four events where you can find out more and contribute to the discussion:
- June 27, 10am-1pm (registration from 9.30) - Eden Centre, 21 Montagu St, Kettering, NN16 8XG
- July 2, 6pm-8.30pm (registration from 5.30) - Corby Masonic Complex, 27 Rockingham Rd, Corby, NN17 1AD
- July 5, 10am-1pm (registration from 9.30) - The Old Fire Station Community Room, 37 High St, Brackley NN13 6XF
- July 11, 9.30am-12pm (registration from 9.00) - The Moulton Community Centre, Sandy Hill Ln, Northampton NN3 7AX
Whatever the future commissioning landscape might look like, our decision-making processes will remain clinically-led, locally driven, and informed by our local patients, public, carers and other stakeholders.
You can also submit a comment or question at any time by emailing email@example.com.